Are you running a website and finding it challenging to handle the volume of daily emails? Maybe you are using WordPress’s default PHP mail function, and it’s not up to the task! Because this system does not work dedicatedly for this program. Lets discuss WordPress smtp plugins.
WordPress is primarily built using PHP programing language. As a result, the email deliverability depends on a PHP function called wp_mail().
The problem is most hosting providers and email clients block PHP emails. This is where an SMTP plugin comes in. It will let you connect an external emailing service with WordPress and boost your email deliverability rate overnight.
So in this article, we decided to look at the best WordPress SMTP plugins to handle your email communication efficiently.
The 5 best WordPress SMTP plugins
WordPress SMTP plugins let you connect your website to an SMTP server, and you can send and receive emails. Most of the plugins offer one or two integration options and support a variety of email service providers.
Here are the 5 WordPress SMTP plugins which are feature-packed for handling email deliverability as well as other stuff!
Fluent SMTP is gaining popularity at a surprising rate. It’s a simple WordPress SMTP plugin that does precisely what it promises – deliver emails via SMTP with no unnecessary add-ons.
What’s even better is that the developers of Fluent SMTP have generously made it available as a free and open-source plugin for the entire WordPress community. And the best part is —it’s free forever!
Fluent SMTP Key Features:
- Easy integration with Amazon SES, Google Workspace, Office 365, Postmark, MailGun, SendGrid, Brevo, Netcore, Sparkpost, Elastic Mail, and other SMTP providers
- Keep track of every email and detailed reports on all sent emails
- Connect with multiple email service providers simultaneously
- Receive daily/weekly notifications on sending stats and failed emails
- Uses faster and more secure native REST API connections
- Supports various email providers and is free forever!
- Real-time email delivery ensures optimal performance
- Seamlessly connect with popular SMTP services
- Resend emails for better deliverability
- In-depth reporting with graphical representations of email activity
WP Mail SMTP
WP Mail SMTP is one of the best SMTP plugins for WordPress. It is connected with the best mail providers to increase the email deliverability of your site.
The premium version of WP Mail SMTP comes with incredibly useful features. One of these is email logging, which logs every email you send from your WordPress dashboard, along with any attachments they have.
WP Mail SMTP key features:
- Integrate with SendLayer, SMTP.com, Amazon SES, Sendinblue, Google Workspace, MailGun, Microsoft 365, Postmark, SendGrid, SparkPost, Zoho, and other SMTP providers
- Provide email tracking features to monitor open and click rates, and performance analysis
- Email failure notifications via Slack, email, or SMS
- Weekly email statistics summary for monitoring email deliverability
- Email Log for a secure recording of outgoing email details
- Can save and view attachments within emails
- Smart email routing system with conditional logic for email providers
- White Glove Setup service by WP Mail SMTP experts
Easy WP SMTP
Easy WP SMTP plugin offers a user-friendly interface, making it easy for users to set up their emailing services. It only needs a few minutes to set up if you are a tech-savvy person. Additionally, users can easily set up Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail as their default SMTP servers.
It ensures reliable email deliverability via SMTP with a simple solution, though advanced features are absent than other plugins.
Easy WP SMTP key features:
- The pro version supports Amazon SES and Microsoft 365/Outlook mailers
- Can connect your own SMTP server credentials to Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail, but less secure
- Debug logging feature to check email deliverability
- Easily change WordPress sender details (From Name and Email)
- Send test emails to ensure it’s properly working
- Support debug events for two events: email-sending errors and debugging
Post SMTP Mailer
Post SMTP Mailer is a well-known plugin to increase your email deliverability. It has an easy configuration wizard that makes it easy to get started. When you enter your email address, this plugin automatically enters the outgoing mail server for you and suggests an email provider.
With Post SMTP Mailer, some well-known mail providers are connected, like Mailgun, SendGrid, and Gmail.
Post SMTP Mailer key features:
- Integrate with Google Workspace, Office 365, Zoho, and Amazon SES
- With the 2.0 OAuth protocol, you don’t need to save email passwords in the database
- Users can easily read, filter, check delivery status, and debug output
- Sent alerts via Email, Pushover, or Slack if emails fail to send
- Send notifications about any issues in your Chrome extension
- Have OAuth 2.0 protocol, no need to save email password in WordPress database
- Can define backup SMTP email for sending on the main failure
WP Offload SES
WP Offload SES is a WordPress plugin designed to seamlessly integrate Amazon SES with your WordPress website. It is developed to improve the email deliverability of your WordPress site by offloading email sending to the reliable and scalable Amazon SES platform.
WP Offload SES key features:
- Reliable email delivery by using Amazon SES
- Enhanced deliverability with SPF and DKIM authentication
- Detailed email logging for monitoring and troubleshooting
- Compatibility with popular WordPress plugins and email forms
- Cost-effectiveness with competitive pricing
- Easy setup and configuration with a user-friendly interface
When it comes to choosing one among the best five WordPress SMTP plugins, it can be a tough decision. Each plugin offers impressive features to uphold its unique strength.
However, we confidently recommend Fluent SMTP as the top choice. It stands out as a clear winner when considering the combination of all essential features, and the fact that you won’t have to pay a dime for it makes it an obvious choice!